Friday, November 04, 2005

Zap Mama.... in Paris

So I am back in Paris and I am quite tired and lethargic. I don't know why, but I am feeling soooo lazy. I get that in spells sometimes. When I am like that, I schedule myself lots of appointments and I go places. Because in my experience, when I do nothing ....I really do nothing. So as a part of getting out I went to a club called Tryptique in Paris. It was cool. I was hanging out with a couple of friends. We were there of course, because Zap Mama had a concert in Paris and then had there after party at the Tryptique. It was cool. I had forgotten how stylish everyone can be in Paris. I left for two moths, and when I came back I realized. Oh yeah the old t-shirt and any old jeans outfit doesn't quite work as well as in Texas. It's amazing really.

So as we are waiting patiently for the Zap Mama crew to get in we people watch. And boy I really either gotta figure out how to become stylish overnight or make my non stylish way my style. Well, I was never so into it before Paris. Suddenly I am obsessed. God, everytime I have to go to some function in Paris I start sweating. Oh shucks, what am I gonna wear? I stress out like you wouldn't believe. My head starts hurting, my heart starts beating faster and well I start thinking "well I don't really want to go..." Now I am telling you this is a terrible terrible feeling. Anyway, as we are talking about the passersby and their neat sense of fashion, there comes a crowd of about 10 people all dressed very different from the rest of us. Ahhhhh, my beloved Zap Mama. Not the original members, except for Marie, but indeed the energy was great. #

They walked passed us and then into the main room. Where they mounted the stage and proceeded to sing. I was like OMG they really are gonna perform again. I was thrilled. They jammed out for about 20 minutes. And I just want to say THANX ladies. I missed the real concert and this jam session totally made up for it. And I can tell you these women can sang!!!

So when it was done. I waited next to the stage to try to pass a card to Marie for a friend of mine. I met one of the other singers, who then invited me backstage. I was like "what?" backstage are you kidding. So I went backstage and talked to their manager about my friend the designer. Her name is Bisrat Negassi . Her stuff is really great so I didn't have a hard time selling her. So I got the contact for my´girlfriend and ended my night. Hitched a ride home with another friend because the metro stops running about 12:45. I am soooo poor that I can't even afford to pay attention. lol No taxi for me. It was a good night. And I am happy for that. I seem to have had some sadness in my heart. It's good to move around and visit friends when you are feeling likethatt. So this night was good for that.

Well, that's all for today. Hollar at a later date Peace........Song

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool I am french and live in new orleans...I have known them for a while now but I have seen them at jazz fest, and they played a few months ago at Voodoo Fest...
I like bisrat negassi clothes (yes I know what she's doing!!)
anyway I hope you enjoy life in Paris.I hope I can go back there soon...