Monday, July 16, 2012

Song's Serenity Mixtape I or Serenity: The First Mixtape

Howdy Folks!

      It's been two weeks and I have been surfing all over the net. There is way too much info out there to read, but I wanted to upload some songs that never got released. I am soon going back into the studio, and as you all know the studio is expensive. Being an independent artist and all, we have to do it all ourselves. My first thing will be to sell songs. Et Voila that's how I got a mixtape. There are 7 songs with a few of them in different mixes.   You can buy just one song for $0.99 or all eleven songs for $9.99. It will go a long way in helping me to create my next Opus as it were............

Et Voila these are the songs:


Serenity: The First Mixtape,      Song's Serenity Mixtape I, or just plain "Serinity" :




These Changes~~ I Need You~~ These songs were composed by the stupendous drummer out of Bordeaux, France named Didier Ottaviani. Super cool dude married to one of my best friends and colleagues Monique Thomas-Ottaviani, who also writes some lyrics and melodies with me. Didier works with a lot of groups mostly jazz, but he has such a wonderful talent for writing songs in soul and gospel! I am honored!









And I~~Beautiful and Wonderful~~ These songs were composed by Jerome Jouannard a super cool studio engineer with his own studio vibestone in Paris,France! I didn't record these songs there, but I did record some other songs at his studio. Really badass studio! Jerome prefers to be the excutive producer, although, he has written music for some popular rap groups in Paris also... Like Tiemoko for example!




It's Your Love I Need~~ was composed by Grim outta Houston Texas. He's the one that  composed the songs on my very first CD In The Fireplace in 1999. He also mixed these songs (pretty quickly) for me. Thanks Grim!






Right On My Way~~ this song was composed by jusFresh from Bayswater Records out of Houston,Tx. Bayswater is the label that recorded and released my first ever CD in 1999. This was my love ballad to a now ex-boyfriend. I think the lyrics still ring true today!




I Give Up On Givin' Up~~ I wrote this song myself one day when I was feeling at my lowest point. Being an independent artist is quite challenging and sometimes I have felt like I just want to quit, but I can't! It's inside me and stronger than I could ever be. So, I added this as a reminder to myself and to anyone else who needs a little reminder. We are our dreams!!




So here's the link to buy:

Serenity : The First Mixtape or Serinity

I uploaded the songs late at night and put the wrong title on it. I am trying to change it, but I may have to stick with "Serinity"..... We can't always be perfect! Peace and light and see you soon!


P.S. Every photo here was taken by Heidi Powell Prera... You should look her up in Houston,Tx!

No comments: