Friday, May 18, 2012

Let Love Shine Update



Sweet Soul Records Blog Update
April 22, 2012
Well folks it’s been years since I’ve kept a proper blog. I won’t even try to count them. I believe my last blog was last year around the time I released “Let Love Shine” with Sweet Soul Records.  Since the invention of such pages like Myspace and Facebook, I feel like I make these daily posts filled with information. Quick blurbs. Quickly passing by like a star in the night. I have however started a website and I realize it’s nice to update it every now and then. So, this will be short and sweet at least I hope. I am truly a horrible writer, I seem to right in conversation form forsaking all the rules that my English teachers instilled in me.

But, if you can read without judgement I will write. I will try and check the spelling and all that before I post. So, I have just returned from my first real concert in Tokyo with the label Sweet Soul Records! I must say it was quite an event “Tokyo Soul Drive Vol: 5”. There were 4 DJ’s and three live bands all soul and believe it or not:  all hard! DJ Hiroking the wizard behind the curtain for this event works very closely with Sweet Soul Records to create a real soul movement on Japan! What an awesome endeavour for these two men to attempt. I myself am super honored to have been invited and to have participated in the fifth edition of this audacious (on every level) event.    Our host for Tokyo Soul was the famous


  DJ Hiroking                                               























Our guest host MC for the evening was MC Taro Soul:




Some of the other DJ’s were

 DJ Yuka 
                  


                                                          
                             

and the bands were great like this young lady:

                               
the lovely Kaori Sawada  Kaori Sawada                                                                                                                              of Lightsound Records!! So beautiful this lady in spirit and voice and then there was this funk band called

             
        
which of course had a young lady leading the crowd of horns, drums and percussion, well you know funk band… and then myself…. With the band I toted ”The Bowling Masachists”


cause we went bowling before the gig… There was Akira on the bass, Naoki on keys, Luois on drums, Me and Tak ,,, the other guy is the infamous DJ Hiroking who invited me in! Thanks man! That was awesome, but not advisable to other bands cause it’ll take your energy away from the show. And when I tell you that we danced till 6 in the morning ,  I mean we really danced  til 6 in the morning. Great great music being spent by the DJ’s, stuff I hadn’t heard in 10- 15 years. I was sweating like a pig (which I am but we’ll talk Chinese later) after my little gig!

But these cats that came to the gig really got into the soul drive… They really put as much heart into dancing to it as we did in singing it….  IT really was awesome ! You guys should get yourselves out there to a Tokyo Soul Drive it’s way worth the money!

A week before Tokyo I was down in Shizuoka! I tasted some wonderful foods and drank some unusual concoctions. We did an acoustic concert at Pimper’s Paradise and then prepared for another concert at Kentos  some people were even wearing my t-shirts:
                                                                               

You can get your Song t-shirt at my store……. What store you say? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I will work that out soon…..
I will do a blog on Shizuoka soon, cause it was a really cool place to spend some time and learn a little about Japanese culture.
Well that’s all I can think of right now so I will get back with more later.. Blurb… We’ll see how you are feeling about it…
Talk to you soon,
Best,
Song

No comments: