Thursday, September 09, 2004

Preparing the way

I have been writing a lot in my little jog book all kinds of really silly things. Flowers, butterflies, rainbows, and stuff like that. It's funny that I could think about stuff like that when we have some real issues in the world at present. I was horrified reading the papers on what happened in Russia. It brought me to tears. I really couldn't or wouldn't believe that there were actually children involved and then killed. And then we got these bombings just spreading like a cancer with no cure. Folks what are we gonna do? What can we do? I mean I'm thinking we are really about to turn into the ultimate Big Brother here because of all this. Does anyone out there worry about their privacy?

I am speaking on the privacy issue because I am annoyed by the whole flying thing. It's psychologically affecting me. I feel like everytime I go to an airport they want to check me first off. Do I look like a criminal? I go through about an hours worth of checks then I gotta get on the plane and hope everything will be alright. I mean how could a woman, today, get on a plane and then blow it up? I don't know, but it happened.

I know they are checking me for my own protection, I just can't help feeling like I am being singled out. (Paranoia at it's best) When will we ever be at peace in the world? Without trying to sound too mushy, I would like to see us try other ways to co-exist.

I love the new possibilities with technology and all, but there is also the other side. Beheadings and kidnapping filmed and put on the internet. We have definitely stepped into a new era and a whole different playing field. I am not ashamed to say that I am afraid for the future..........

Am I just claiming that the sky is falling? Maybe I am overacting. I am sure that people over the last few centuries others have always feared for the plight of the world. This cannot be a new thing. So, what again I ask, are we gonna do about it?

I am gonna keep writing and maybe some simple answer will just fall from the sky. Until then >I ask you..What are we gonna do?

No comments: